The Love Shack

The Love Shack

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Creek Nest!

A stroll through the Creek over the long weekend, I was delighted to find a Tree Swallow nest in one of the new boxes I had set up this spring. You may recall this is a new area I am trying with 4 boxes I bought from someone through the OEBS.


There was 2 pairs of Tree Swallows battling in the area and with 4 boxes nicely spread out, I hope they can find some peace and both pairs have nests.

One of the old boxes set up further east has the beginning of a Swallow nest as well. No eggs yet so we'll see what I find with the next visit.

Cool sighting was this sleepy Coyote in the field.


A Blue-winged Warbler was heard numerous times along the hillside, up in the trees, but we never spotted it. The call is very distinct. A new species for the Creek's list.

No comments:

Post a Comment