The Love Shack

The Love Shack

Friday, May 27, 2022

Lambton - A Hatch

Another check at my Lambton location, and I am happy to report that the chickadees' eggs have all hatched.  My last view of the nest a few weeks ago had me see six eggs.  As I look at this nest shot I took with my mobile, there appears to be more than six hatches.  I see seven for sure but actually think there may be eight.  

Here I have them pointed out.

If you are reading this blog, please take a moment to look closely at the first image and comment on how many you see.  I posted this to Facebook and have gotten six, seven and eight from various people.  Eight is in the lead with those taking the time out to look.

Be it six birds, seven, or eight; the parents have their work cut out for them to feed them all.  I was watching them come and go quite steadily with insects for their young.

This is one of the parents.  They do look a tad worn out.

Here's hoping all goes well and every one of the young birds fledges in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment