The Love Shack

The Love Shack

Monday, July 5, 2021

Area One - Revisit

A couple weeks back I revisited Area One, checking those other couple "later" nests.  I am happy to report that both are housing nesting tree swallows.

Mom didn't want to leave the one box so I let her be.  For now, I can easily assume there is 5 eggs/young inside.  I'm sure I have mentioned before that 5 is the average for a swallow nest although 6 happens quite often as well.

You can see how agitated mom is here and can understand why I chose to just back off.

And there was hatches in the other box.  I definitely could make out 5 young.

That now brings us up to 13 nests and 70 eggs/young for Area One this year.

I can't believe I am already getting my head around the fact that I will be checking the boxes again soon, cleaning them out.

Time sure flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment