The Love Shack

The Love Shack

Monday, June 12, 2017

HOPE

My wife Angie joined me on Sunday June 11th to check in on the Bluebirds. Normally she does not go out with me because of mobility issues the last year and walking these uneven trails wouldn't do her any good. Broken foot this Spring. She's also dealing with left knee woes that are from a car accident over 20 years ago. But despite the very warm temperatures and always concerning about her mobility, she joined me this morning, in support for me and these birds. She could either share joy with me or be a shoulder for me to lean on if things went downhill since my last blog which I must apologize for the pity party I rallied. It was a real blow and I had little time before work to cope with my terrible discovery. I am happy to report that the young birds are still alive as of this check. We also saw dad nearby, keeping an eye on us near his kids. So it's safe to say he is looking after them with mom's absence (unless that was another Bluebird and I've just been missing her).
The kids are about 17 days old now, possibly 18. If all goes right, they should fledge later in the week. Hence this blog title "HOPE". Please wish them the best in the coming days.

5 comments:

  1. No apologies necessary! I think we were all broken hearted at your discovery along with you. Glad Angie was able to go with you this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news, Rob - fingers crossed that the last week goes well and they fly off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father Bluebirds rock! He's guaranteed to do his best .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve a happy ending Rob. Please update us as soon as possible.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete